Thursday, June 25, 2009

Things you learn when you are sick

So this week I have been sick with a nasty cold. It came on Sunday evening after the dog show was over. I could actually feel it coming on for several days, but did my darndest to try and fight it by taking airborn, vitamin C, and a little bit of echinacea. Sadly the cold won. So I ended up missing two days of work, made it thru half a day on the 3rd day, and the whole day today! I am actually feeling much better, except my ears still need to drain and pop. Then maybe I can hear again. hahaha. But I learned a few things while I was sick on the couch this past week that I thought I would share with you.

1. There is nothing on TV once Regis and Kelly are over! Seriously, nothing. I have ended up watching way too much DisneyChannel and Nickelodeon, mostly cause at least their shows are funny even if they are geared for tweens!

2. Ever door to door salesperson is going to come while you are home sick. I don't know if they have some kind of radar that lets them know when you are home, but 3 times in one day was a little much. And was most annoying when all you wanted to do was lay on the couch.

3. Be grateful for great co-worker and friends. Our part-time pharmacist Jim pulled thru for me and worked two days for me at the last minute! He is awesome cause there was no way I could make it in. And a big thank you to Connie for taking Tiki and Toby for the past 4 days. Two very busy puppies and one tuckered out mom, doesn't make for a good mix!

4. I am gratefull to have dogs and not children! Lilo and Stitch will sleep all day with me, don't talk, don't have to be changed, don't create laundry, dishes and etc. that I still would have had to clean if I was sick. I love kids, but it is at times like these I am gratefull to me a dog mom!

5. You can only lay on your back for so long. Even though it is the only way you can to be able to slightly breathe, you start to go numb after a while.

6. The stuff that comes out of your lungs and sinuses can be both totally disgusting and interesting at the same time! But still totally gross!

7. I had no idea that you could sleep so much and still be so tired! I mean seriously, sleep from 9pm till 8am, wake up, go back to sleep at Noon and wake up at 4pm, then back to bed at 9pm! I enjoy sleep, but that was a lot.

8. That I am grateful to be a pharmacist and know exactly what combination of medications I can take to treat my symptoms and manage them the best that I can.

9. Had no idea how many times I could check facebook in one day, and how many quizes there actually was on that thing!

10. And finally, last but not least, how grateful I am for my health! I can't even imagine struggling with serious health issues and don't know how people do it every day! I must truly remember to thank my Father in Heaven everyday for the health that I have and continue to make the right choices to be healthy for the rest of my life!

Thanks to everybody who helped me out and checked on me the past few days! Love you all and look forward to being healthy!

2 comments:

Marcene said...

there's no need to defend watching the disney chanel or Nick...they have some fun shows. be not ashamed

Patty Fingers said...

My roomate made fun of me today for watching the family channel! What am I supposed to be watching?
Glad you're feeling better al!!!