Sunday, May 2, 2010
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Happy Haunting everyone! So they are starting a new HalloweentTime Fireworks show, but the decided to practice it after the park had already closed. But we could see them from our hotel really well. So of course I grabbed my camera and headed to the balcony. I caught just the very end of it, but it was still really cool! Can't wait for the full show tomorrow night, with music and everything! It will great!
The Devericks Family, Danita and Me!
In other Disney news, the week has been very HOT!! Like in the upper 90's and 100's. It has made being at the park sort of hard. You have to plan where you are going very carefully. Ride first, then a show, or someplace to sit down, then another ride. The big hits have been Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run. It is amazing how much easier it is to handle the high degree weather when you are soaking wet!! But we have managed to have a great time, despite the weather. We have hit all the rides we wanted, seen several shows, managed to watch fantasmic and the fireworks, hang out with family, gone shopping and ate at the CheeseCake Factory. It has been a really relaxing time. That is what is most important.
Linda and Mom with Braer Fox and Braer Bear
All of us ladies with Jessie!
I just love Disneyland. Tomorrow is breakfast with Goofy at Goofy's Kitchen, then to the park. We might come back for a little break, but then we are closing the park down! They may have to drag us kicking and screaming, or maybe I will just have to bring the park back with me. I mean mom has alredy, you should see how much she bought today at the World Of Disney store. Dad is gonna pitch a fit, although a great deal of it is headed down to the new home of Doug and Angie in South Salem! Let's just say I know of two very adorable little girls who are gonna get a big kick out of their Disney Treasures. And at least one is going to be the cutest Minnie Mouse ever for Halloween!
Hope to see you all soon, and Congratulations are in order to my Brother Doug and his family on their new home, and to my cousin Annie and her husband Matthew who just welcomed their brand new baby girl, Liberty! Can't wait to get home and see you all!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
This is a picture of the fentanyl patch that he has for pain. I had no idea they used this with dogs! You could have knocked this pharmacist over with that!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
So surgery is tomorrow. I am very nervous about it, but am trying not to show it. I am sure things will go fine. I just want him to get better so he can have a normal life. Any prayers or good thoughts his way would be greatly appreciated!
Oh and a big thanks to my friend Jackie. She pulled some strings to get us seen so quickly and came and took Tiki off my hands for the week so I only have one puppy to deal with. She helped to keep me calm and sane while all this was happening.
Here are some pictures of the sad puppy. I will update tomorrow and let everyone know how his surgery went! Life is an adventure!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
1. Redmond Dog Show
So two weeks ago we had a dog show in Redmond, Oregon. Stitch, Tiki, Toby, Jackie (my friend) and myself trucked ourselves over there for a fun time. And it was. We got to meet up with some other friends, Julia, Sue and Letty, and show the dogs. Stitch showed like the champion he is and took Breed on Saturday and a Group 4 also. The judge really liked him. Sadly on Sunday he got dumped to another dog and his day was done. Oh well, those are the breaks. Tiki got dumped on Saturday, but took Winner's dog on Sunday and came close to taking breed. He got his first point toward his championship and had a good time. Jackie and I also managed to get some shoe shopping in, as well as some Coldstone ice cream. It was good time.
2. 4th of July
Man that snuck up on me so fast it wasn't even funny! I couldn't hardly believe it. We had a fun time BBQ with my Aunt Karen and Uncle John's family in the morning and swimming in the pool. Later I got cleaned up and went out to Uncle Sid and Aunt Karen's property for the big Gunter shindig. It was so much fun. My cousins from Texas, Christa and Josh and thier kids, and Tara and Byron and their boys, were up for the week. I haven't seen them in a long time and it was so fun to hang out with them and get to know their kids all over again. It did make me feel really old though! Benson went from being waist high last time I saw him, to as tall as me or taller! It is just crazy!
I also had a great time hanging out with Madi and Braelyn. Madi played in the river for the first time, and threw rocks all over the place. I doubt there are any left in the river at all! And she loved the "ba booms", her word for fireworks! She loved every second of them and took turns sitting on everybody's laps. There were a lot to take turns with. And my dogs aren't scared of them at all, they slept thru everything! What good dogs!
3. 50th Wedding Aniversary
It was my Aunt Margo and Uncle Barry's 50th wedding aniversary celebration on Friday night. That was the reason so many of my cousins were up for the week. We went down to Dallas, Oregon and had a fun dinner and hung out family and old friends. My Aunt and Uncle had a great time seeing all the people. My cousin Lisa did a lot of the work coordinating and putting it together, so cudos to her! And to all the other cousins who worked hard to bring it together. We had a fun time and I am going to miss all my family that is headed back to Texas and California and Seattle and etc. I am gonna have to travel around some more and see them more often!
4. Going to Disneyland
Last but not least, I have finally decided to take a vacation in the fall, and am headed to where else...DISNEYLAND! I know that I have been there a lot, and you would think it gets old, but it doesn't! I love that place. It is like a second home for me, and since my mood has greatly improved since booking the vacation, an antidepressant also! I mean how can you be sad or down in the Happiest Place on Earth! I really can't wait to go. Mom, Linda, Danita and I are all sharing a room at the Disneyland Hotel and are just looking forward to a relaxing time!
So for now that is all from Allyson. The disney dogs are doing well, and hopefully I can get some pictures to post from other sources. I will try to get them up as soon as possible. Take care and be safe!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
1. There is nothing on TV once Regis and Kelly are over! Seriously, nothing. I have ended up watching way too much DisneyChannel and Nickelodeon, mostly cause at least their shows are funny even if they are geared for tweens!
2. Ever door to door salesperson is going to come while you are home sick. I don't know if they have some kind of radar that lets them know when you are home, but 3 times in one day was a little much. And was most annoying when all you wanted to do was lay on the couch.
3. Be grateful for great co-worker and friends. Our part-time pharmacist Jim pulled thru for me and worked two days for me at the last minute! He is awesome cause there was no way I could make it in. And a big thank you to Connie for taking Tiki and Toby for the past 4 days. Two very busy puppies and one tuckered out mom, doesn't make for a good mix!
4. I am gratefull to have dogs and not children! Lilo and Stitch will sleep all day with me, don't talk, don't have to be changed, don't create laundry, dishes and etc. that I still would have had to clean if I was sick. I love kids, but it is at times like these I am gratefull to me a dog mom!
5. You can only lay on your back for so long. Even though it is the only way you can to be able to slightly breathe, you start to go numb after a while.
6. The stuff that comes out of your lungs and sinuses can be both totally disgusting and interesting at the same time! But still totally gross!
7. I had no idea that you could sleep so much and still be so tired! I mean seriously, sleep from 9pm till 8am, wake up, go back to sleep at Noon and wake up at 4pm, then back to bed at 9pm! I enjoy sleep, but that was a lot.
8. That I am grateful to be a pharmacist and know exactly what combination of medications I can take to treat my symptoms and manage them the best that I can.
9. Had no idea how many times I could check facebook in one day, and how many quizes there actually was on that thing!
10. And finally, last but not least, how grateful I am for my health! I can't even imagine struggling with serious health issues and don't know how people do it every day! I must truly remember to thank my Father in Heaven everyday for the health that I have and continue to make the right choices to be healthy for the rest of my life!
Thanks to everybody who helped me out and checked on me the past few days! Love you all and look forward to being healthy!
Monday, June 22, 2009
So now we shake off the loss and do our best at the next show in Redmond, Or. This show I am looking forward to more. There will be some other dogs and it is gonna end up as a mini vacation. So wish us all luck! We could use it to reach our goal for Westminister next year!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
The mountains we rode the ATV around.
Madi got to go on her first ATV ride around the area. Ok so the parking lot. But that was enough for her. The funny part, she was willing to ride with her mom and grandma, but unwilling to ride with Daddy. I guess she must have heard about his driving abilities! It was very funny!
Our friends the Hopkins, who live in enterprise, have a horse on their property. Angie really wanted to ride it, so they saddled her up. Angie rode her around the property (or the horse walked Angie where it wanted) and she had a good time. Madi was not so sure about the whole thing. She chose to stay away from it and ride the ATV with Robin.