Saturday, July 11, 2009

Why do I forget my camera!

I can't believe that we are in July already! It is amazing how fast time flies by! It has been a really fun couple of weeks since I last blogged, sadly I keep forgetting my stupid camera and don't have any pictures of it. Sorry. I will try to get some from people that were at the events. So I guess a verbal update will just have to surfice!

1. Redmond Dog Show

So two weeks ago we had a dog show in Redmond, Oregon. Stitch, Tiki, Toby, Jackie (my friend) and myself trucked ourselves over there for a fun time. And it was. We got to meet up with some other friends, Julia, Sue and Letty, and show the dogs. Stitch showed like the champion he is and took Breed on Saturday and a Group 4 also. The judge really liked him. Sadly on Sunday he got dumped to another dog and his day was done. Oh well, those are the breaks. Tiki got dumped on Saturday, but took Winner's dog on Sunday and came close to taking breed. He got his first point toward his championship and had a good time. Jackie and I also managed to get some shoe shopping in, as well as some Coldstone ice cream. It was good time.

2. 4th of July

Man that snuck up on me so fast it wasn't even funny! I couldn't hardly believe it. We had a fun time BBQ with my Aunt Karen and Uncle John's family in the morning and swimming in the pool. Later I got cleaned up and went out to Uncle Sid and Aunt Karen's property for the big Gunter shindig. It was so much fun. My cousins from Texas, Christa and Josh and thier kids, and Tara and Byron and their boys, were up for the week. I haven't seen them in a long time and it was so fun to hang out with them and get to know their kids all over again. It did make me feel really old though! Benson went from being waist high last time I saw him, to as tall as me or taller! It is just crazy!

I also had a great time hanging out with Madi and Braelyn. Madi played in the river for the first time, and threw rocks all over the place. I doubt there are any left in the river at all! And she loved the "ba booms", her word for fireworks! She loved every second of them and took turns sitting on everybody's laps. There were a lot to take turns with. And my dogs aren't scared of them at all, they slept thru everything! What good dogs!

3. 50th Wedding Aniversary

It was my Aunt Margo and Uncle Barry's 50th wedding aniversary celebration on Friday night. That was the reason so many of my cousins were up for the week. We went down to Dallas, Oregon and had a fun dinner and hung out family and old friends. My Aunt and Uncle had a great time seeing all the people. My cousin Lisa did a lot of the work coordinating and putting it together, so cudos to her! And to all the other cousins who worked hard to bring it together. We had a fun time and I am going to miss all my family that is headed back to Texas and California and Seattle and etc. I am gonna have to travel around some more and see them more often!

4. Going to Disneyland

Last but not least, I have finally decided to take a vacation in the fall, and am headed to where else...DISNEYLAND! I know that I have been there a lot, and you would think it gets old, but it doesn't! I love that place. It is like a second home for me, and since my mood has greatly improved since booking the vacation, an antidepressant also! I mean how can you be sad or down in the Happiest Place on Earth! I really can't wait to go. Mom, Linda, Danita and I are all sharing a room at the Disneyland Hotel and are just looking forward to a relaxing time!

So for now that is all from Allyson. The disney dogs are doing well, and hopefully I can get some pictures to post from other sources. I will try to get them up as soon as possible. Take care and be safe!

3 comments:

big_smartmouth said...

you're going to disneyland?? what? that's crazy! you NEVER go there! ha! glad to see you're feeling better and that you're having a great time. btw i updated my blog as well. have a look see!

C & C said...

Sounds like you are busy busy! Glad you are finally feeling better! It was fun to see all that you have been up to.

The Halls said...

YES YOU DO NEED TO COME UP AND SEE US!!!!