Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Toby Update


First I just want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and well wishes. This has been very nerve racking for me, and I really appreicate knowing so many people care about me and my dogs, even if they aren't big dog fans! It would have made this whole experience much more trying with out you all.


Second, Toby's surgery was today and it went very well. The surgeon was very pleased how every thing went, and really feels that he should make a full recovery. They are keeping him overnight so that he can be on some decent pain medicine for right after surgery, but I get to bring him home tomorrow. The nice part is that they knew he was a show dog and worked very hard to keep the scar to a minimum. And they also feel he won't need to have the cast on his leg when he comes home. I will still have to keep his rambunctiousnes in check and he will be in his crate quite a bit, but it will be nice not to have to worry about bandage changes and have to watch him hobble around with a cast on.


So I will have picture update tomorrow. He still has some healing to do, but baring any unforseen complications, he should be fine! And that is the best news!

No comments: