Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Toby is Home!

Toby is HOME! I am so happy to have him back. He was such a good little boy at the vets office and everybody loved him there. He is already able to walk on his leg some, but not allowed to do stairs or jump or any thing like that. Mostly he can walk in the grass to go potty, and then walk with me in the house on leash while I watch him and then back into the crate. They really don't want him doing too much at all for the next 4 week min, and 6 weeks max. He is pretty tired right now anyway, so he really isn't trying to do much. He has a good prognosis as long as we keep his puppiness in check for the next little while.


So this is the incision. The surgeon was very careful to make sure the scar would stay thin and un-noticable for showing. I was very grateful for that.

This is a picture of the fentanyl patch that he has for pain. I had no idea they used this with dogs! You could have knocked this pharmacist over with that!

Here he is looking very sad with his e-collar on. He hates it and I don't blame him. But he only has to wear it for 10 days. Hopefully they go by fast.


Here is Toby snuggled up in his new ultra plush and soft bed. Since he is going to be spending so much time in his crate I got a very comfy bed for him. He is a little spoiled!
I will continue to update on his progress over time. I would love to still have prayers and good thoughts our way that he heals up 100% and that he will still be able to show. It was a preatty bad break but I think he is on the mend. I hope for no more complications or weeks like this!




1 comment:

big_smartmouth said...

hey, can you throw some of those patches my way?? hehe jk! i had no idea they had those for pets. it's a great idea, though. they also have anti depressants for dogs as well. what will they think of next? anyway, i hope all is well w/ little toby and everything turns out okay.