Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Bleed Black and Orange

I Love OREGON STATE FOOTBALL!! I have always loved OSU football since I was kid. Even when they were the worst team in the Pac-10 for 30 years. I remember Dad taking us down to Corvallis as kids and letting us watch the game (in the pooring rain) and yell our guts out supporting our loosing team. But over the past 8 years we FINALLY have a team worth being proud of, most of the time. It can be hard supporting a team that can sometimes be so great, and other times be so off. But this year we have the chance to number 1 in the Pac-10 for the first time in DECADES! It would never have been possible if we hadn't beat USC again this year, but the Beavers pulled it off. (I hate USC!!)

It was hard when they lost to Utah this year. I even flew out to Utah and was at that game. (Along with my best friend and faithful Beaver fan, Penny, and my cousin Jake) They had controll of the game the whole 2nd half and lost their 8 pt. lead, but that's what will seperate the true fans from the fickle. I have been there for the bad, like when we had the heartbreak of loosing to LSU (I hate LSU!!) to the great first USC win in years at the "Opossum" game!! (Did I mention that I hate USC) Right now I am watching James and Quizz Rodgers run all over the Huskies (I love those brothers right now!) and loving every minute of it. (I hate the Huskies.)

So I will continue to root for my team no matter what (although I do hope we never go back to being as bad as we were!!), and root for which ever team is playing against the Ducks. (Except LSU or USC!) I will always bleed BLACK AND ORANGE!! Go BEAVER NATION!