Thursday, October 23, 2008

Since when did I have muscles

So as some of you may know I decided that I needed to take charge of my health and start working on loosing weight and getting healthy. So I joined Bally's gym here in town with Dad and Mom. I knew that the only way that I would ever go there was if I hired a personal trainer and started to work with them for a while. So the manager who signed us up introduced mom, dad, and myself to James.

Thanks to James I have now discovered muscles that I truley did not think exsisted. In fact one of the first times I met with him, he made my legs hurt so bad that I could not walk with out say "OW, OW, OW, OW, OW" for a week! Oddly when I told him that, he just smilled and told me to do more squats!! Since then I have slowly started to get better and better, and am usually not sore at all any more. But yesterday I decided to really push myself! I did 30 minutes on the eliptical machine, and then did leg press, leg curls, arm press and a bunch of other things. I actually made myself sore!!

The only problem......I had to work with James this morning! He decided since my legs were already sore, that he would work on my abs and arms. So now my ENTIRE body, from head to toe, is in pain. (Except my fingers, otherwise there is no way I would be typing right now!) I can feel every movement. It sucks. James' name has been followed by a few curse words thru out the day. But I have lost 40lbs and I know I couldn't have done it with out his expertise in torture!

So hopefully as I continue to work out AND watch my diet, I will continue to shrink and find and use new muscles that I didn't have before! Who knows, maybe one day I will even climb the rock wall at the club! Maybe.......

No comments: