Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thank Goodness for Cooking Lessons

So as some of you may know, or you may not, I am the worlds worst cook. Ok let me rephrase that, I am not a bad cook, I just don't know how to cook anything. I blame my mother. She never liked having kids in the kitchen, and just wanted to make dinner and be done with it. And now that I think about, that was probably a good thing, because who really wants to learn how to make spaghetti with Campbells tomato SOUP instead of spaghetti sauce. (if you aren't already, this is the part where you should be saying EWWWWWW!) I can however grill. You need steak, chicken or porked grilled, then I am your girl.

The good news is that I have this fabulous friend, Danita, who is teaching me how to cook and how to enjoy eating all sorts of different things. She learned all these great recipies from her families restaurant that they own at Cannon Beach. (which by the way, the next time you are there you HAVE to go to J.P.'s at Cannon Beach and have the Clam and Salmon Chowder, you will not be sorry!) So far I have learned how to make stirfry, salsa, kota fetta (a nummy chicken, rice and fetta chesse dish) a pasta salad, and tuscan chicken sandwich! Although some of these are not on my life style change program, I do try to keep my portions down and use the healthiest ingrediants possible.

So now the next time you come to visit me and Disney dogs, you won't starve and you may even get a decent home cooked meal. But you eat at YOUR OWN RISK! I make no promises that it will turn out as good without Danita here.

3 comments:

PappaSistas said...

i am so proud of you and all the dishes you are learning. it is soooooooooo easy, that's what i want you to learn the most. it's not hard to make a yummy meal. experiment!!!

Elaine said...

RUDE!

Unknown said...

You are making me hungry!